Shoes have ruined the health of our feet. To recondition our feet we must incorporate plenty of barefoot activities. A few examples: jumproping, beach walking, running, and weight lifting. To protect your skin and still get the benefits of barefoot sports, Check these out:
From Vibram Five Fingers
Vibram FiveFingers is different than any other footwear on the planet. Not only do they bring you closer to your environment, FiveFingers deliver a number of positive health benefits—by leveraging all of the body’s natural biomechanics, so you can move as nature intended.
6 Reasons to Wear Vibram FiveFingers:
1. Strengthens Muscles in the Feet and Lower Legs – wearing FiveFingers will stimulate and strengthen muscles in the feet and lower legs, improving general foot health and reducing the risk of injury.
2. Improves Range of Motion in Ankles, Feet and Toes – no longer ‘cast’ in a shoe, the foot and toes move more naturally.
3. Stimulates Neural Function Important to Balance and Agility – when wearing Vibram FiveFingers, thousands of neurological receptors in the feet send valuable information to the brain, improving balance and agility.
4. Improves Proprioception and Body Awareness – those same neurological receptors heighten body awareness, sending messages about body mechanics, form, and movement.
5. Eliminates Heel Lift to Align the Spine and Improve Posture – By lowering the heel, our bodyweight becomes evenly distributed across the footbed, promoting proper posture and spine alignment.
6. Allows the Foot and Body to Move Naturally, Which Just FEELS GOOD.
Jump Rope Barefoot 10 min., mixing in variables of DU’s, Cross Overs, single foot, running.
5 – 7 wall walks (start standing up with your back to the wall about 3 feet away. Lean back until your hands come in contact with the wall. Walk your way down as deep as you can. Reaching the floor is your ultimate goal. Walk back up the wall with out falling. That is 1 wall walk). Rest as needed between.
Hollow Rock / Superman for 3 min, no rest. flip over when needed
21, 15, 9 reps for time of:
Front Squat (115/75)
Ring Dips (scapula should remain retracted. Use parralletts for scaling)
Box Jumps (30″/24″)
CrossFit Mean Streets
Downtown Los Angeles